This is one of my go to cake recipes that I have used for years in a food processor and adapted to the tmx. It is so quick and easy and more importantly, super moist and tasty!!!
This can be frozen and thawed for an easy afternoon tea or for school lunchboxes.
Simple Whole Orange Cake
A very tasty yet simple cake to whip up when you need a last minute lunchbox snack or afternoon tea for guests.
- 1 whole orange, quartered
- Flesh from a whole orange, quartered
- 200g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Vanilla bean paste, to taste
- 1 3/4 cup self raising flour
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease a round springform tin or tin of choice (these make great muffins).
- Place oranges in to Thermomix bowl.
- Blitz on speed 9 for 15 seconds or until desired consistency. Ensure all skin has been blitzed and resembles zest.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix on speed 6 for 30 secs or until combined.
- Pour into prepared tin.
- Cook for approximately 45 mins. This will vary depending on your oven.
- Serve warm with custard or cold with whipped cream.
- I make these in muffin forms and freeze for easy school lunchboxes.
- You can use two whole oranges if you prefer.
- Replace one Oranges for Limes or Lemons.
- Poppyseeds can be added for a quick Orange and Poppyseed cake. Or Chia Seeds.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/