These are all the rage at the moment with rainbow birthday parties and baby showers. You can use a mix of any colours you like.
Just make your cupcake mix as normal. Pour equal amounts into 4 or 5 different bowls and tint with some food dye of choice. Place blobs of each one in the patty case. Repeat for all patty cases. Then bake as normal.Print
Just make your cupcake mix as normal. Pour equal amounts into 4 or 5 different bowls and tint with some food dye of choice. Place blobs of each one in the patty case. Repeat for all patty cases. Then bake as normal.
See below for my favourite light and fluffy vanilla cupcake recipe.
Vanilla Bean Cupcakes with Buttercream Icing
A beautiful light and fluffy vanilla cupcake for any occasion. The buttercream icing is soft and almost velvet like.
- 200g butter, diced
- 340g sugar, this is what keeps them moist for days. You can reduce to 90g
- 3 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 4 eggs
- 400g self raising flour
- 250ml milk
- 100g butter
- 300g icing sugar
- Water or milk
- Food colour of choice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place patty cases into muffin trays. This will make 18 cupcakes.
- Place butter into bowl. Blitz on speed 7 for 20 secs or until softened.
- Insert whisk attachment and mix on speed 3 for 1 minute.
- Remove whisk attachment. Scrape off any butter back in to the bowl.
- Add sugar and vanilla bean paste. Blitz on speed 7 for 45 seconds.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing for 20 secs between each one on speed 4.
- Add half of the milk and half of the flour. Blitz on speed 4 for 30 secs.
- Add remaining milk and flour. Mix on speed 4 for 1 minute.
- Pour into patty cases. Bake for approximately 20 minutes until golden and cooked though.
- Place butter into bowl. Blitz on speed 6 for 20 secs.
- Insert butterfly attachment.
- Add half of the icing sugar and half of the milk.
- Blitz on speed 4 for 30 secs.
- Add remaining icing sugar, drizzle of milk/water and food dye.
- Blitz on speed 4 for 1 minute.
- If you feel the icing mixture is too stiff add a little more milk until you get your preferred consistency. I find it really varies each time due to weather, humidity etc.
- Pipe onto cupcakes when cooled.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer https://trtlmt.com.au/