Look out 4 Ingredient ladies! Haha
This is a great recipe to use up those surplus little tins of Tuna in the pantry. Because there is so much flavour in the tuna you don’t need lots of other ingredients to make these tasty.
You can add extra vegetables to them but I serve these with salad so don’t any add to the patties.
- 550g potatoes, diced
- 800g hot water
- 2 x 95g tins of flavoured tuna of choice
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic and herb tortillas or day old bread for coating
- Rip tortillas or bread up and place into bowl.
- Blitz on speed 6 for 6-10 secs until they resemble crumbs.
- Set aside.
- Place potatoes into the steaming basket and place into bowl.
- Pour over 800g of hot water.
- Cook at steaming temperature for 20 minutes, speed 3.
- Once cooked, empty out water and place potatoes back into bowl with tuna and the egg.
- Blitz for 5 seconds on speed 7 or until well combined. I like my potatoes a little chunky.
- Roll small amounts of mixture into patty shapes and roll in the crumbs that were set aside.
- I get 12 patties from this mix.
- I let them rest in the fridge for a few hours just to firm up slightly however you can skip this step in a hurry.
- Shallow fry in a frying pan with oil. They only need warming through to cook the egg and crisp the coating. A few minutes each side should do.
- Serve with salad.
- Those with a Thermomix will know their steaming temperature as Varoma temperature. Other machines will know it as the steaming or ST temperature.