Perfect with milk or yoghurt for breakfast.
- 800g oats
- 300g almonds, more or less to taste
- 100g pepitas
- 150g sunflower kernals
- 100g shredded coconut
- 50g chia seeds
- 20g linseed meal
- 50g coconut oil
- 100g honey (this may seem like a bit however it’s spread across 1.5kg+ of mix)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place almonds into tmx bowl and blitz on speed 5 until slightly crushed. This is to taste.
- In a large dish combine oats, almonds, pepitas and sunflower kernals.
- In the tmx bowl add oil, spices, vanilla and honey.
- Mix at 50 degrees, speed 2 until melted. This shouldn’t take too long.
- Pour the oil mix over the oat mixture. Use hands or spoon to mix well.
- Spread mixture across two large ovenproof dishes or trays lined with baking paper.
- Place into the oven. I had to cook mine for 30 minutes to get a nice golden colour – you might like more or less colour. The trick is to just watch it. Stir the mixture every 10 minutes or so to avoid any burnt bits.
- Once almost done, add the coconut. Cook for 5 minutes or until coconut is slightly toasted.
- Remove from oven. Add chia seeds and linseed meal to mixture. Combine well.
- Once cool, store in a jar or airtight container.