I’m having lots of fun experimenting with baby foods for my 5 month old. He has only just started so its fairly basic at the moment.
This can be freezed as it thaws and reheats nicely. I’d needed add a few drops of cooled boiled water when reheating to thin it slightly.
The consistency can be easily thinned with a little cooled boiled water or thickened with more oat cereal. Each baby’s preference on consistency can differ. Tweak this to suit your baby.
You can cook the oat cereal and fruit all at once but I find it goes too gluggy.
I make batches of oat cereal at a time to prevent needing to blitz the oats first each time. See my Oat Cereal recipe here.
This made 6 small containers worth of porridge.
Baby's First Porridge: Pear and Apple
- 40g rolled oats or oat cereal
- 3 apples cored, peeled and chopped roughly
- 2 pears cored, peeled and chopped roughly
- 4 tmx measuring cups of warm water
- Place oats into bowl.
- Blitz for 30 seconds on speed 9.
- Set aside.
- Add fruit and water to bowl.
- Cook for 10 minutes, speed 2 at 100 degrees.
- Once done, add oats.
- Mix on speed 6 for 30 seconds to combine well and cook the oat cereal through using the heat of the fruit.
- Spoon into containers, cool then pop into the freezer.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer https://trtlmt.com.au/