Originally posted on our Facebook page 23rd October, 2013.
Tonight was one of my new meals to try. I did a little tweaking from the original recipe found here.
This was extremely flavoursome given how few ingredients are actually in the dish. This tasted delicious cold the next day and would make a great pasta salad.
- 400g spaghetti , cook according to packet instructions
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 4 shallots, roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1 green capsicum, roughly chopped
- 200g shortcut bacon, roughly chopped
- 20g olive oil
- Basil, to taste
- Parsley, to taste
- 4 tablespoons of water
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions and keep warm whilst cooking the sauce.
- Blitz garlic cloves, shallots, bacon and capsicums.
- Turbo two or three times or until desired consistency.
- Add oil.
- Cook at 100 degrees, speed 1 for 5 mins.
- Add parsley and basil to taste, water and salt and pepper.
- Cook for 8 mins at 100 degrees, reverse, speed 1.
- Stir sauce through pasta.