This is a my version of homemade Caramel Condensed Milk that I use in baking now and for sweets and deserts. It is similar to Top n’ Fill but I think much more delicious. It’s luscious, creamy and thick.
This is quite a thick condensed milk. It is great in little tarts shells with some sliced banana and whipped cream or baked in tart shells until firm and drizzled with a little melted chocolate.
Why not try it on my famous Lazy Caramel Slice in place of sweetened condensed milk.
- 140g milk powder
- 100g dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 50g butter
- 90g water
- 1 teaspoon on vanilla paste, extract or essence
- Place everything into bowl.
- Cook at 90 degrees, speed 4 for 9 minutes.
- Allow to cool or use immediately.
- This will thicken upon standing.
- Recipe updated to include Golden Syrup 7.10.2014