I was meaning to do chocolate icing for my weetbix slice but ran out of anything that remotely resembled chocolate so caramel icing it was!
It’s not the healthiest of icings though. A little goes a long way.
- 50g butter
- 65g brown sugar
- 1 teas vanilla bean paste
- 35g milk
- 2.5 cups icing sugar
- Place butter and brown sugar into bowl.
- Cook at 100 degrees for 4 mins on speed 2.
- Add whisk attachment.
- Add vanilla and half of the icing sugar with whisk spinning on speed 2.
- Slowly drizzle in the milk.
- Slowly pour the remaining icing sugar through the hole. Use more or less to suit your preferred consistency.
- Blitz on speed 4 for 1 minute.
- Work quickly with it though as it forms a firm outer layer quickly.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer https://trtlmt.com.au/