My kiddies refuse to eat rocket and sweet potato. No amount of begging will work. Luckily I’m becoming good at putting veg they refuse to eat as is into meals. See my Hidden Veggies Meals and Tips for Children (and Hubbies!) section for more ideas.
These have a sweetness to them and are a nice alternative to regular meatballs. I use breast but it can dry out so thigh will work better for these. I’m not a fan of thigh so breasts are fine for us. Just be sure not to over cook them.
This idea works really well with beef. My cheese filled meatballs with a nice tomato based sauce over the top is a favourite of many of my friends.
These can be frozen either before or after cooking. I keep some handy for the lunchbox or for those nights when I just cant be bothered cooking.
I cook these in the oven but you could cook these in the varoma of a tmx or your machines steaming attachment with some pasta or sauce in the bowl. A frying pan also works well.
Cheese Filled Chicken and Sweet Potato Meatballs
- 2 large chicken breasts, chopped into 4 pieces each
- 130g sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 5-10g rocket leaves
- 1 carrot, chopped roughly
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock paste
- 21 cubes of cheese of choice (the more flavorsome the better)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place everything except chicken, cheese and stock into bowl.
- Blitz on speed 7 for 4-5 secs or until desired consistency is achieved. You want some consistency to the vegetables.
- Add chicken and stock. Blitz on speed 7 for 5 secs. You want a nice smooth mixture without large chunks. It will be a slightly wet mixture.
- Shape a tablespoon of mixture around a cube of cheese.
- Place onto baking tray.
- Repeat for the whole chicken mixture.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through. Turn them a few times throughout the cooking process.
- Serve with salad or a pasta and sauce of choice.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer https://trtlmt.com.au/