Who doesn’t love cheesy popcorn? This brings back memories of childhood and fetes and shows.
I experimented a bit with this trying to recreate the flavours from the past. This isn’t exactly the same but its delicious nonetheless and the kiddies love it. Perfect after school snack or lunchbox addition. I even make it without the cheese and they still scoff it down so if you cant have cheese it is still yummy.
If you don’t have a tmx or similar, simply use grated parmesan or grate some yourself on a fine grater. Mix with other pieces and then sprinkle over popcorn and mix.
- 6 cups of popcorn (1/2 a cup of popcorn kernals will yield 6 cups once popped)
- 50g parmasen cheese, cubed
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or less if preferred
- 1 teaspoon onion powder, or less if preferred
- Salt, to taste
- Place popcorn into a big bowl.
- Place cheese, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder into bowl
- Blitz on speed 7 for 5 seconds or until very fine.
- Sprinkle mixture over popcorn.
- Stir to combine well.
- Taste. Add salt if needed.
- You can use a powdered parmesan cheese to extend the shelf life if desired. You may need to use less depending on strength of flavour.
- Without the cheese it will last up to a week in an airtight container.