Well today is International Happiness Day. What makes me happy? Cookies!!!
This is a recipe for a softer chewy cookie. The trick to getting them chewy is not only ingredients but also how long you bake them for. Be sure not to cook them for too long.
This is a recipe I wrote down some time ago and tweaked along the way.
Chewy M&M Cookies
- 190g butter, cubed
- 180g brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla bean paste/extract/essence
- 310g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 70g mini m&ms (two mini tubes)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place butter, sugar and vanilla into bowl.
- Blitz on speed 6 until creamed and lighter in colour. You may need to scrape down a few times.
- Add remaining ingredients except m&ms.
- Mix on speed 5 until a dough forms.
- Add m&ms and mix on reverse, speed 4 until mixed through.
- Roll dough into small balls and place on a baking tray. Flatten slightly. Allow for spreading.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes. You want only the slightest of colour forming around the edges. You may need to experiment with your oven as they all differ so much. If you over bake they wont be that soft chewy texture. Still delicious though!!!
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer https://trtlmt.com.au/