What I love about these are they are very budget friendly. You can easily make 28 meatballs with one large chicken breast and add the same amount in veggies.
My boys love these! Anything in meatball form is a winner. I love sneaking in veg they wouldn’t normally eat as is such as spinach, zucchini and capsicum. Vary the veggies used to suit your taste. They gobble these down in a heartbeat.
We serve as is with salad and cheese cubes. You could also use them in one of my wrap recipes with a little salad. Yum! Or with some sauce on pasta. My Bacon and Tomato Sauce would work well with these.
I love these because they are egg, gluten, dairy and nut free! So great to take along to playgroup etc.
- 1/2 onion, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium zucchini, roughly chopped
- 10-15 baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 of a green capsicum
- 5 pieces of shortcut bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 large chicken breast, chopped into 4 pieces
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place vegetables into bowl.
- Blitz on speed 7 for 5-10 secs depending on how fine you want your vegetables.
- Add bacon and chicken breast.
- Blitz on speed 5 for approximately 6-10 seconds until you get a nice minced mixture. It may be slightly wet but that's ok. The colour of mixture will depend on what veggies are used.
- Place "blobs", if a wetter mix, or balls, if a firmer mix, of the mixture on two trays lined with baking paper.
- Cook at 180 degrees for approximately 20 minutes depending on size.
- Serve hot or let them cool down and freeze for another day.