Yum yum yum!
This was my first time cooking with quinoa and it was a success. I often add brown rice to beef patties so thought I would try this with chicken and quinoa. Make sure you really rinse the quinoa well. Google is scaring me with reports of not properly rinsing it and reactions.
These are a more blander patty so perfect for children or BLW babies. You can add a little spice mix of choice to give them a flavour boost. We serve ours with sweet chilli sauce so didn’t add anything extra than what the recipe states.
Great for children, babies and the lunchbox. Serve with salad or in wraps.
- 1 cup of white quinoa
- 2 chicken breasts, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, peeled an quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 tabs veggie stock concentrate
- 2 spring onions sliced, set these aside until just before rolling
- Salt and pepper
- Cook quinoa according to packet directions. Set aside.
- Into the bowl add onion, carrots, garlic and blitz on speed 8 for 10 secs. Scrape down.
- Add remaining ingredients including quinoa. Turbo three times.
- Add spring onions and mix on speed 3 for 10 secs.
- This is a wet mixture.
- Roll into balls and pop on to a tray lined with baking paper. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with salad. You could put these in wraps or as burger patties.
- They are mild in flavour but suit us as we served these with salad (and sweet chilli sauce for my partner). You may want to add additional seasoning.
- I found smaller patties worked better than big patties.
- Add any vegetables you like.