Yum yum yum!
This was my first time cooking with quinoa and it was a success. I often add brown rice to beef patties so thought I would try this with chicken and quinoa. Make sure you really rinse the quinoa well. Google is scaring me with reports of not properly rinsing it and reactions.
These are a more blander patty so perfect for children or BLW babies. You can add a little spice mix of choice to give them a flavour boost. We serve ours with sweet chilli sauce so didn’t add anything extra than what the recipe states.
- 1 cup of white quinoa
- 2 chicken breasts, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, peeled an quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 tabs veggie stock concentrate
- 2 spring onions sliced, set these aside until just before rolling
- Salt and pepper
- Cook quinoa according to packet directions. Set aside.
- Into the bowl add onion, carrots, garlic and blitz on speed 8 for 10 secs. Scrape down.
- Add remaining ingredients including quinoa. Turbo three times.
- Add spring onions and mix on speed 3 for 10 secs.
- This is a wet mixture.
- Roll into balls and pop on to a tray lined with baking paper. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with salad. You could put these in wraps or as burger patties.
- They are mild in flavour but suit us as we served these with salad (and sweet chilli sauce for my partner). You may want to add additional seasoning.
- I found smaller patties worked better than big patties.
- Add any vegetables you like.