I know, I know. Another sausage roll recipe. I wasn’t going to post this but they were just too tasty!!!
These are a really nice change to my regular ones. The capsicum adds a very slight sweetness and makes the filling moist and delicious even though it uses breast meat.
I love these kind of meals as its fairly quick and always a hit with the kids. They would never eat capsicum normally so I like the extra veg hidden in these.
Chicken and Roasted Capsicum Sausage Rolls
Great for parties or lunchboxes.
- 400g (approx) chicken breast, cut into big chunks
- 90g roasted capsicum, rinsed quickly under water
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 10 baby spinach leaves
- 10 basil leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon tmx veggie stock concentrate
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 sheets of puff pastry
- Poppy/sesame/chia seeds for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Thaw puff pastry sheets.
- Place basil and veggies except capsicum into bowl.
- Blitz on speed 8 for 3-5 seconds. You want some texture.
- Scrape down.
- Add capsicum, stock, pepper and chicken.
- Blitz on speed 5 until just chopped and combined. You still want some texture to your capsicum.
- Layer chicken mix on puff pastry. I get two long rolls out of each sheet and cut into a total of twelve rolls. I get 48 rolls in total with this recipe.
- Brush with egg and top with seeds of choice. I topped half with chia seeds and half plain.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer https://trtlmt.com.au/