We love sausage rolls in our house. They are my last minute dinner recipe and a great way to use up lots of vegetables as the base mix is so versatile.
These are great as they are full of carroty goodness. You can substitute it for sweet potato or pumpkin if desired.
I make batches of these and keep them in the freezer for a quick reheatable dinner. My boys love them in their lunchboxes as well.
My other sausage roll recipes:
- Chicken and Roasted Capsicum Sausage Rolls
- Chicken and Vegetable Sausage Rolls
- Parmesan Chicken Sausage Rolls
- Thai Chicken Sausage Rolls
- Veggie Bam Sausage Rolls
You can use a food processor to make the filling quickly. if you don’t have one, simply grate your veggies using a standard grater and use chicken mince in place of the chicken breast.
- 400g chicken breast, chopped into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 large carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable stock concentrate, or to taste
- 80g grated cheese
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 4 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- Egg, beaten
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place vegetables to the bowl.
- Blitz on speed 7 for 4 or until desired consistency is achieved. You want some consistency to the carrots.
- Add chicken, cheese and stock. Blitz on speed 7 for 5 secs. You want a nice smooth mixture without large chunks. It will be a slightly wet mixture.
- Layer the chicken mixture on the puff pastry. You will get two long rolls out of each sheet of pastry and cut into a total of twelve rolls. You will make 48 rolls in total.
- Brush lightly with egg and top with sesame seeds.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.