Sausage rolls are a massive hit in our house. They make for such a great quick dinner teamed up with some salad or steamed veggies.
These Chicken, Feta and Spinach Sausage Rolls are a twist on the traditional variety and really are delicious.
Photo courtesy of The 4 Blades Magazine photography team.
Tell me more about this issue
Want to know more about The Easy Issue.?
- What can you create in only 5 Ingredients, or less? How about Inside Out Chicken Kievs, or the most delicious Peanut Butter Biscuits? Yes please!
- We break down delicious recipes to only 5 easy steps. From Warm Potato Salad with Rocket to delicious grain free Banana Pear Pancakes, there are great options in here.
- Eat well, even on a budget. These easy recipes use basic budget ingredients with great results. Asian Style Mince has received great reviews!
- In a rush? The Made in 30 Minutes recipes will have you sorted. The Vegetable Tartlets will have you coming back time and again.
- Make the most of your mixer with All in One Meals. Your steamer comes in handy, especially with Honey Garlic Salmon with Rice and Peas. So easy. So delicious.
- Get the kids in the kitchen with easy recipes they will love. Mini pizza quiches will be a hit.
- We love a one bowl wonder, the meals that cook like magic. Fragrant Lamb and Potato Curry is so delicious.
- We help you make healthy easy, with lots of great healthy ideas. No Bake Apple Cake is truly yum yet healthy treat.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 500g chicken mince
- 20g baby spinach leaves
- 100g feta cheese
- pinch of pepper, freshly cracked
- 3 sheets of puff pastry, thawed (or make your own with the Iced Puff Pastry recipe in the Easter Subscriber-Only Bonus Issue)
- 1 egg, beaten (*can omit or replace with milk for EF)
- sesame seeds, for topping
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place garlic clove (1) and onion (1) into bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add chicken (500g), spinach (20g), feta (100g) and pepper (pinch). Mix Speed 8 / 5 seconds. It will be a slightly wet mixture.
- Layer the chicken mixture on the puff pastry (3 sheets). You will get two long rolls out of each sheet of pastry and cut into a total of 18 rolls.
- Brush rolls lightly with beaten egg (1) and top with sesame seeds.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.