Originally posted to our Facebook page 13th November, 2013
Goodness me this is delicious! Not healthy in any way, shape or form though so a little piece is all you need. It is quite rich.
This would make a great Christmas gift. Yum, yum, yum!
Choc Peppermint Fudge
- 200g white cooking chocolate melts
- 500g dark or milk cooking chocolate melts
- 395g sweetened condensed milk
- 4 drops green food colouring
- 2 teas peppermint essence or oil, or to taste
- Line a baking tin with baking paper.
- I suggest using thermomade condensed milk and using it immediately after making it. It will be warm and will make it much quicker and easier.
- Place ¼ of the hot condensed milk into a jug or bowl. Set aside.
- Leave the remaining ¾ condensed milk in the tmx bowl and add the milk/dark chocolate. Mix on speed 3 until melted. This should only take about 30 seconds. If you are using canned condensed milk you will need to heat at 50 degrees until melted.
- Pour ¾ of this milk/dark chocolate fudge mix into the pan. Set aside the remaining ¼.
- In the bowl of hot condensed milk that was previously set aside, add the white chocolate and mix until smooth. I find a fork works well. You may need to microwave it for 20 secs. Add the food dye and peppermint essence/oil and mix until combined.
- Spoon peppermint fudge into the pan on top of the milk/dark fudge mix in dollops. It can be very rustic. Top with remaining milk/dark chocolate fudge.
- With a skewer swirl the fudge.
- I then smooth it out but this isn’t essential.
- Place in fridge to set for approximately an hour.
- Cut into 24 pieces.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer https://trtlmt.com.au/