Weetbix Slice is always a winner. I have a Weetbix Slice with hidden goodies recipe already on the blog but this is a basic and simple recipe for those who prefer to keep it traditional.
I use melted dark chocolate for this as I find it nicer than icing. You can of course make up a chocolate icing if you prefer. I often make this and chop up into tiny squares with no icing at all. It is still delicious.
I have topped mine with some hundreds and thousands for a bit of fun. You can purchase 100s & 1000s that are free from artificial flavours and colours. You could use any sprinkle of choice like chocettes, shaved chocolate, coconut etc.
Instructions are included in the below recipe for all cooks.
- 200g dark chocolate pieces
- Sprinkles of choice
- 4 weetbix
- 75g brown sugar
- 170g wholemeal self raising flour
- 40g shredded coconut
- 150g butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a lamington tray with baking paper.
- Place all of base ingredients into bowl.
- Blitz on speed 5 for 30 seconds.
- Alternatively, use a food processor and ix on high until a dough forms.
- Press mixture into prepared tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes until slightly golden.
- Place chocolate into clean, dry bowl.
- Melt on 60 degrees, speed 2 for 5 minutes. You may need to scrape down halfway through.
- Alternatively melt chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler on the stove.
- Pour melted chocolate in a thin layer over base and add sprinkles over the top.
- Allow chocolate to set and cut into squares with a hot knife to ensure chocolate is cut nicely.
This post contains affiliate links. I have affiliate relationships with some businesses. This means that I receive a small percentage of sales made through these links from the business. I receive nothing from you just clicking on them. These do not cost or affect you or your purchase. I use this money to help with the costs involved with running my website. More can be found on my Disclosure page.