This is a great sensory activity using hands (or scoops, spoons etc) but also a great sorting game. Leave the colours unmixed and use different coloured cups to sort the rice into.
This will keep for 12+ months in an airtight container. Discard if it becomes wet.
I have given the instructions for the thermo mixer however it’s just as easy to use ziplock bags and old fashioned muscles.
- 800g rice
- 4 teaspoons of vinegar (this helps set the colour)
- 4 different liquid food colouring of choice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place 200g of rice into bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of vinegar and a few drop of colour.
- Blitz on reverse, speed 4 until combined. It takes only a few seconds.
- Remove and place on oven proof tray. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until dry.
- Repeat x 3 for all colours. You may need to wipe the bowl out between colours however try and do similar colours after one another to avoid that.
- Once baked and cool either combine or leave in separate colours.
- Store in an airtight container.