It wouldn’t be the weekend without a cheesecake! It feels like every weekend I’m making one leading up to Christmas. Yummo!!
This is a great one that sets quickly (in 3-4 hours) due to the chocolate content.
A more cost effective option for the base is using a plain biscuit and 15g cocoa powder.
When using cream cheese without gelatine for cheesecake be sure to buy the full fat version and the non spreadable version otherwise your cheesecake may not set. I find the Philadelphia blocks or Homebrand tubs work best for these no bake cheesecakes.
My other cheesecakes:
- Choc Honeycomb Cheesecake
- Choc Peppermint Cheesecake
- Cookies & Cream Cheesecake
- Double Chocolate Cheesecake
- Jelly Cheesecake
- Mars Bar Cheesecake
- Toblerone Cheesecake
- 250g plain biscuits, broken in half
- 90g cold butter, cubed
- 500g cream cheese blocks, cubed
- 40g thickened cream
- 80g sugar
- 1 teas vanilla bean paste
- 100g white cooking chocolate, melted
- 100g milk cooking chocolate, melted
- Into bowl add roughly broken up biscuits. Blitz on speed 7 until fine.
- Add cold butter. Blitz on speed 6 for 30-45 secs until a soft dough forms.
- Press this into a springform tin. I line my tin with baking paper for easy removal. Set aside.
- Add cream cheese to bowl. Blitz on speed 6 for 45 secs. Scrape down.
- Add vanilla and sugar. Blitz on speed 4 for 1 minute. Scrape down.
- Add cream and melted white chocolate and blitz on speed 4 for 1 minute or until creamy and smooth.
- Pour half of the mixture in "blobs" over the biscuit base.
- Add melted milk chocolate to the remaining mix. Mix for 40 seconds or until combined. Spoon over the base. You can swirl the two mixes together if desired with a skewer. Smooth the top of the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Overnight is ideal.
- Use a warm knife to cut cheesecake (run it under hot water).
- When using cream cheese without gelatine for cheesecake be sure to buy the full fat version and the non spreadable version otherwise your cheesecake may not set. I find the Philadelphia blocks or Homebrand tubs work best for these no bake cheesecakes.