I’m experimenting and trying to make my own gummy lollies.
These are more of a very firm jelly texture and not the right texture to be classed as a gummy lolly in my books.
These would be good for the lunch box as they hold their shape really well or for parties. You could do a rainbow of colours.
- 1 packet of jelly crystals
- 400ml hot water
- 2 tablespoons gelatin powder
- Place water into bowl.
- Cook at 100 degrees for 5 mins on speed 3.
- Once the water is boiled, continue to mix on speed 3 at 100 degrees.
- Add the jelly crystals and mix until dissolved.
- Add gelatin and continue mixing until dissolved.
- Pour into moulds.
- The jellies won't pop out nicely of intricate moulds so try to stick to fairly basic ones or large ones that are easier to pop out of.
- Place into fridge to set.
- I left some out over night and they hold their shape brilliantly at room temperature.