Originally posted on our Facebook page 30th October 2013.
Everyone kept talking about “fried rice” in the Thermomix so I thought I better see what I was missing out on.
I searched a few different recipes but was worried there wouldn’t be enough flavour so I experimented. So glad I did because I found a new favourite. Everyone had two bowls full and my partner had three! There is plenty left for lunch today for two people too. The flavours in this recipe are a hit in this house and inspired this creation.
Garlic Soy Chicken "Fried Rice"
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 4 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced for garnish
- 50g oyster sauce
- 60g soy sauce
- 1/2 teas black pepper
- 2 chicken breasts, chop into quarters and prick each piece with a fork several times to allow flavour to penetrate the chicken
- 400g rice of choice, jasmine or basmati work well
- 800g warm water
- Vegetables of choice to fill the top varoma tray (I used broccoli, carrot, snow peas, peas and corn)
- Process shallots and garlic on speed 9 for 5 seconds. Scrape down. Repeat.
- Add pepper, soy and oyster sauces.
- Blitz on speed 4 until combined. Scrape down.
- Add chicken.
- Blitz on reverse, speed 3 for 5 secs or until just coated.
- Place in refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours or all day if you have time. If not you can cook immediately.
- When ready to cook, place chicken in the bottom steaming attachment tray.
- Pour over the remaining marinade. Do not rinse the bowl out, any left over sauce will add flavour to the rice.
- Place rice into basket. Rinse thoroughly under running water.
- Insert basket into bowl and pour the water over the top.
- Attach lid.
- Place steaming attachment bottom tray and lid into place.
- Cook 25 minutes, speed 4 at steaming temperature.
- Meanwhile chop all your veggies to desired size. Place on the top steaming tray and place onto the bottom steaming tray in the last ten minutes.
- When done remove the steaming attachment. Remove the rice from bowl.
- Pour any remaining liquid into a jug.
- Pop the cooked chicken into the bowl and blitz on reverse, speed 4 for 6 seconds.
- Place the bottom steaming attachment tray on the lid.
- Pour rice, veggies and shredded chicken into it. Mix. Top with sliced shallots and pour over the remaining liquid if desired.
- Those with a Thermomix will know their steaming attachment as a Varoma. Other machines will know it as the steamer.
- Those with a Thermomix will know their steaming temperature as Varoma temperature. Other machines will know it as the steaming or ST temperature.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer https://trtlmt.com.au/