It has been a busy month for The 4 Blades Magazine. Bec and I have been busy creating new and exciting recipes, like these Golden Syrup Dumplings, for our Winter Warmers Issue of the magazine. Winter for me means comfort food and being curled up on the couch. Soups galore and fresh bread. As much as I hate the cold weather (says she who has lived in Canberra her whole life), I LOVE warm, hearty winter foods.
These delicious Golden Syrup Dumplings are just one of the 45+ recipes featured in this issue. They are so so easy and budget friendly that they make for a lovely dessert for those cold cold nights that is not only easy but so budget friendly. Combine these with some vanilla ice cream or custard for a simple but delicious dessert when guests pop over.
Are you in need of some delicious warming and hearty dishes for the cold months ahead? The Winter Warmers Issue of The 4 Blades Magazine is packed full of recipes to suit all tastes and budgets. Whether you want some impressive like roasts and sides to entertain your guests or something as simple as a big bowl of soup we have you covered in this jam packed issue. This is comfort food at it’s best.
Tell me more about The Winter Warmers Issue!
- Enjoy delicious and easy soups such as Potato and Zucchini soup or Roast Pumpkin and Garlic Soup. Don’t worry! We haven’t forgotten the bread. We highly recommend the Gluten Free Coconut Dinner Rolls or the Sun Dried Tomato Bread.
- Having friends over and want to show them what the Thermomix can do? Why not try the delicious Spice Encrusted Rack of Lamb, the Hearty Beef Cheeks in Red Wine or the Spicy Duck. All are sure to please.
- It wouldn’t be winter without hearty casseroles and curries. The Pork and Eggplant Curry will impress as will the Hungarian Goulash with Pumpkin Caraway Dumplings. Our vegetarian friends can enjoy the Veggie Quinoa Tagine.
- Who doesn’t love a warm filling pie during the colder months? Teamed up with steamed veggies it makes a complete meal. Try out Chicken and Leek Pie or our Cottage Pies with Sour Cream Mash. We also can’t go past the Indian Sweet Potato and Dahl Pie.
- If you love pasta you will love our Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni!
- We haven’t forgotten all the little budding chefs we have out there. We have included a section just for you full of quick and easy warm afternoon tea snacks. The Cheesy Bean Dip is sure to please as are the 10 Minute Noodles.
- Desserts? Yes please! From Golden Syrup Dumplings to Fig and Brown Butter Tart. Winter is a great time to indulge a little on those warm desserts, even just a tiny piece.
A monthly subscription is only $4.99 which gives you access to the latest issue, all subscriber-only Private issues and any issues released while your subscription is current. To purchase an individual issue is only $6.49. (Note: prices listed are in Australian dollars, but you will be charged the equivalent in your local currency)
Love this recipe? Subscribe to the TRTLMT daily newsletter and never miss a newly posted recipe just as great as this one! Or join up to our monthly one for all the latest TRTLMT news. Subscribe to my newsletter here.
Don’t forget to hang out with TRTLMT in all the cool places!