Today whilst experimenting with and tasting some Popcorn Bars (will post the recipe once I get it right) I had a thought – As many of you know im obsessed with and make granola all the time in my Thermomomix. Why not try the same concept with the leftover puffed corn? I can’t make a toffee to save my life but a oil and honey syrup is a piece of cake.
This turned out great! I tried a few batches and worked brilliantly. I wouldn’t have it as a cereal but it would make a great snack especially for the lunchbox! You could experiment with different flavours by using fruit purées, maple syrup, agave and adding some flavours like cinnamon or nutmeg. I might experiment as I make more. The kiddies will love this!
Puffed corn works better than popped as its not as “husky”.
This recipe makes a small batch. Next time I will double it or quadruple it to last a full week.
- 50g puffed corn (different to popped corn)
- 20g coconut oil (or butter)
- 20g honey (or maple/golden/rice malt syrup), or to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place honey and oil in to tmx bowl.
- Blitz on speed 2, 50 degrees for 3 minutes or melted.
- Add puffed corn to the bowl and blitz on reverse, speed 2 or 3 to mix well.
- Place onto a tray in a single layer.
- Bake until golden but do not burn or it will taste bitter. Approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Stir a few times throughout the cooking process.
- Cool and then place into an airtight container.
- Will last one to two weeks.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer https://trtlmt.com.au/