Hummingbird Cake always reminds me of childhood. When my childhood best friend had a birthday her Mum would often buy a Hummingbird Cake. Boy did I love that cake! Full of delicious banana and pineapple with a yummy cream cheese icing. I always felt really fancy eating this cake. I felt so grown up.
When it came time to pick recipes for The Picnic Issue of the The 4 Blades Magazine I couldn’t go past this cake. These just screams of warm weather and spring.
My partner often takes in my creations to his work to share and get feedback on. This one was so popular a colleague requested another for her team meeting in a few days time. You know it’s good when you get requests. I hope you love this cake as much as we do!
Are you ready to go on a picnic? With The Picnic Issue of The 4 Blades Magazine, get ready for the tastiest picnic ever. There are 45+ tried, tested and tasty recipes that are easy to transport. Our recipes suit a wide range of palates and dietary requirements. From crackers, dips and cheese to sweet treats, main meals and drinks, we have the whole kit and caboodle ready for you.
Tell me more about The Picnic Issue!
- We have your new favourite dips, crackers, breads and cheese platter accompaniments ready for your next picnic, complete with tips on how to best transport your food.
- You will discover lots of fabulous finger foods, with both sweet and savoury bite-sized options.
- You will learn how to make mains that can be enjoyed warm or cold. Perfect for picnics.
- You will be inspired to make some unique cakes… different from the norm, and even more delicious!
- Quench your thirst with our selection of refreshing drinks!
A monthly subscription is only $4.99 which gives you access to the latest issue, all subscriber-only Private issues and any issues released while your subscription is current. To purchase an individual issue is only $6.49. Want to try before you buy? Click Preview to download an introduction to The Picnic Issue, including a full contents and two bonus recipes. (Note: prices listed are in Australian dollars, but you will be charged the equivalent in your local currency).
Love this recipe? Subscribe to the TRTLMT daily newsletter and never miss a newly posted recipe just as great as this one! Or join up to our monthly one for all the latest TRTLMT news. Subscribe to my newsletter here.
Don’t forget to hang out with TRTLMT in all the cool places!