I posted my Jelly Cheesecake a few weeks back which was a huge hit. Here is a Jelly Slice recipe that is similar but doesn’t contain cream cheese in it. I remember this from childhood and it is one very popular slice among a lot of us.
- 250g plain biscuits of choice, roughly broken up
- 100g butter, diced
- 400g sweetened condensed milk
- 3 teas gelatine
- 60mls boiling water
- 1 lemon
- 1 packet of jelly crystals of choice
- Make the jelly according to packet directions and refrigerate to cool (you don’t want this to set).
- Line a square baking tin with baking paper.
- Place biscuits and butter into tmx bowl.
- Blitz on speed 7 for 10 seconds. These can be as fine or coarse as you like.
- Pour into tin and press down to ensure an even base.
- Remove half the peel from the lemon and place into the bowl. Blitz on speed 8 until fine.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and juice of lemon.
- Add the gelatine to the boiling water and whisk to dissolve. Once completely dissolved add to the bowl.
- Mix on speed 3 until combined and smooth.
- Pour over base and place into the fridge to set. Once this is set pour the cold jelly over the top.
- Refrigerate until jelly has set completely. This will take 6-8 hours.
- Use a hot knife to slice.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer https://trtlmt.com.au/