I’m also uploading the coating part separately as it would make a good coating for veggies as well as chicken. A spicy version is also available.
This is enough for three batches of ten strips. Keep remaining flour in an airtight container. It will last for up to 12 months.
- 2 tablespoon salt, less if preferred
- 1.5 tablespoon black peppercorns or 1 tabs ground black pepper, less if preferred. See note.
- 1.5 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 350g plain flour
- Place all spices and herbs into tmx.
- Blitz on speed 10 for 30 seconds. Scrape down. Repeat. You are wanting a fine grind.
- Add flour and blitz on speed 10 for 20 seconds.
- Have a taste of your flour. You can tweak the quantities used to suit your tastes. Add additional flavour of needed and blitz again on speed 10 for 30 seconds to ensure its well combined. If you feel the flavours are too intense you can add more flour.
- This will be enough flour for at least three batches of ten chicken strips.
- This may be too peppery for some so you can reduce the pepper by half.