I am not going to lie. I had a delicious recipe to share with you tonight buuuuuuut time got away from me and I didn’t get a decent photo (well as decent as my photos get!) of it before the sun went down. Being Monday and “On Monday we blog” I couldn’t let the day pass without a new recipe. So tonight I want to share one of my old times fave with you.
These Mango Passionfruit Yoghurt Pops come from the very awesome (not bias at all *cough*) thermomixing mag The 4 Blades Magazine and come from The BBQ Issue Vol 2. If you haven’t seen it before it’s 100% worth checking out!
The 4 Blades is jam packed with delicious recipes for all kinds of dishes. Fantastic search function on the web page makes it a cinch to find a recipe on the fly. – Michelle B.
Love The 4 Blades community. There are so many family friendly recipes that cater for all ways of eating – LCHF, allergy friendly and lots of others are all covered. The website allows to search by ingredient and to save favourites. – Jess W.
Diving into the gold of The 4 Blades turned my Thermomix into my best kitchen friend! – Tricia V.
I know we are heading into the cooler months in many states but I know my NT and North QLD friends will love these. One word – DELICIOUS! (and easy). Ok so that was three words. Forgive me.
Photo courtesy of The 4 Blades Magazine photography team.
Tell me more about this issue
Want to know more about The BBQ Issue Vol 2?
- First off, you just can’t beat a good cheese platter! The spreads in our Dips and Cheese section are perfect with crackers and veggie sticks. They make such lovely snacks for sharing, especially the Warm Corn and Bacon Dip!
- Next, make sure you try out some Warm Finger Foods – these little morsels won’t disappoint! Set out something like the Spicy Chicken Wings with Hot Sauce at your next BBQ and your guests will come running. Don’t forget the napkins!
- What could be better than grilling delicious food on the BBQ? Try out the TWELVE winner dinners in our BBQ Mains section for a main meal to remember! There are plenty of great options to suit your needs, like the Low FODMAP Grilled Salmon or BBQ’d Mushroom Burgers.
- Don’t go past these scrumptious Salads to Please! They are great on their own as a quick lunch, but they also pair perfectly with any of our BBQ mains. Whip up the Grilled Sweet Potato and Walnut Salad for an interesting twist on this classic side.
- Even alongside all of the other food stars of a classic BBQ meal, these yummy Veggie Sides will still stand out from the crowd! Vegetarians and low carb guests will love these, especially the Chilli Lime Cauliflower ‘Steaks’!
- Stay hydrated in style this summer with our Refreshing Drinks section! There’s no nicer way to cool off on a hot afternoon (or after grilling all day!) than with a nice cool Minted Lemonade or Cranberry Crusher. Make them adults-only if you wish!
- Last but certainly not least, make sure you don’t forget the sweets with our Desserts for a BBQ. Delight your guests with these incredible fruity treats after dinner – we bet the kids will like them too! Get creative with our Mango Cheesecake Pizza on the BBQ… and yes, you read that right!
- 4 mangoes, peeled and stone removed
- 1 orange, juice only
- 4 passionfruit, pulp only
- 1kg Greek yoghurt
- strawberries, to replace mangoes
- peaches, to replace mangoes
- Add the mango flesh (from 4 mangoes) and orange juice (from 1 orange) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 6 seconds.
- Spoon half of the mixture into the base of 12 ice block moulds. Keep the other half in the mixer bowl and set the bowl into the refrigerator.
- Top each mould with a little passionfruit pulp (from 4 passionfruit). Mix to combine inside each ice block mould.
- Freeze for 2 hours.
- Add the Greek yoghurt (1kg) to the mixer bowl with the reserved mango mix. Mix Speed 5 / 10 seconds.
- Spoon the yoghurt mix over the top of the frozen mango ice blocks.
- Freeze for 8 hours.
- Recipe Tester Feedback: “Sometimes you need something healthy and cooling – this is it!" - Joy