Delicious! These are more of a velvety mousse rather than a very air filled bubbly mousse. Delicious nonetheless. I needed to double the mixture to get the two mousses shown.
This is probably going to be one of the last of my indulgent recipes now Christmas is nearly over. I have no excuse to try out things that are really bad for me… Oh that’s right! New years is coming up! And valentines day! Oh and Easter! Then my birthday!!! I better start planning!
Original recipe can be found here.
- 8 fun size mars mars chopped (it's often better value to buy fin size bars than full bars)
- 100mls milk
- 20g cocoa powder
- 6 egg whites
- Pinch of cream of tarter
- Chocolate shavings for garnishing
- Place milk, mars bars and cocoa in tmx bowl.
- Blitz at 50 degrees, speed 3 until melted. Approximately 3 minutes but keep an eye on it.
- Once melted place into a large bowl and set aside. Give it a stir if you notice it firming up. You want this to cool for at least 15 mins before adding to egg whites. Don't rush this step.
- Wash your bowl out and dry really well. You want a spotless dry bowl to whip your whites (The EDC has some great instructions for this in the pavlova recipe).
- Place butterfly attachment into bowl. Add egg whites into bowl and cream of tarter.
- Blitz on speed 4 until soft peaks form. You can hear the change but keep an eye on it.
- Once done add 1/4 of the whites to the chocolate mixture. Fold through gently with a large metal spoon. Add remaining whites to the chocolate mix. Fold gently to combine.
- Pour into ramekins. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Before serving top with shaved chocolate.