This cake is so chocolatey and delicious!!!
We served it alongside custard but a nice ganache or glaze over the top would be lovely. Ice cream and fresh raspberries would be even better! Yum.
This is so simple it’s one of my go to recipes. The trick to a nice moist cake is not over cooking it. Dont worry if you do, buttercream icing solves everything!
Moist Chocolate Cake
- 180g butter, cubed
- 280g sugar
- 2 teas vanilla
- 250mls buttermilk or milk
- 3 eggs
- 300g self raising flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Lightly grease a large cake tin. I have used a ring tin (Kugelhoff) as it allows for even cooking.
- Place butter into bowl.
- Blitz on speed 5 for 30 seconds.
- Scrape down.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Blitz on speed 4 for 30 seconds. Scrape down sides and repeat.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Blitz on speed 5 for 20 seconds or until just combined.
- Insert whisk attachment.
- Blitz on speed 3 for 1 minute.
- Pour into prepared tin.
- Bake for approximately 30-45 mins. Check that it is cooked through with a skewer. If not, pop in for a little longer. The time will depend on you tin and oven.
- Remove and cool slightly before cooling on a wire rack.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer https://trtlmt.com.au/