Great party favour that suits even those with gluten allergies.
- 500g brown rice
- 150g rock salt
- 250g water, you may need more
- 10g cream of tarter
- 30g oil
- Food colouring
- Blitz the salt and 250g of rice on speed 10 for 2 mins. Empty out into a bowl and add the other 250g of rice. Blitz on speed 10 for 2 mins.
- This ensures a nice fine texture.
- Add the set aside rice flour back into the bowl along with 200g of the water and remaining ingredients.
- Blitz on speed 7 for 10 secs.
- Knead for 2 mins.
- Watch your dough through the hole in the lid. You will need to slowly add the remaining water through the lid whilst kneading. You may or may not use the remaining 50g water. I find it sometimes varies. Add enough water to make a nice firm, non sticky dough. If you accidentally add too much water, add a little cornflour to the dough and knead until firm and non sticky.
- Once done I split into three or four balls. Pop each into its own freezer bag with a few drops of colouring and work it through with your hands.
- Or wear gloves and work it in that way.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.