My Krispy Fried Chicken is very popular here but I thought I would try something just a little different recently. These Parmesan Garlic Chicken Strips are a crunchy and delicious alternative.
These are a great way to use up those last handful of crumbs in the bottom of the cornflake boxes at the back of the pantry. You can vary the flavours however. If you want to add herbs by all means add them or different seasonings.
If you can’t have egg, yoghurt or buttermilk are great alternatives.
These are great served as they are with salad or veggies on the side or inside some homemade wraps. Wraps are much easier than you think to make. Once you try them you wont go back.
Other chicken strip recipes:
A food processor works just as well to blitz the coating or simply place everything into a zip lock bag and smash it a little with a rolling pin.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 chicken breasts, sliced into 5 strips each (15 strips total)
- 2 cups of cornflakes
- 50g grated parmesan cheese, you can pre grate it in your tmx
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt, optional
- Add all ingredients except the eggs into bowl.
- Turbo once quickly.
- If you want your crumb finer turbo once or twice more. I find once is fine for us.
- Place crumbs on to a large plate.
- Place beaten eggs into a large bowl and add the strips of chicken.
- One by one, coat each chicken strip in the crumb mixture.
- You can place them on a oven tray and cook for 30 minutes at 180 degrees. Be sure to flip them a few times to help each side to crisp up.
- Or alternatively, place a little oil into pan on a medium heat. You need enough oil to shallow fry your pieces. Fry a few strips at a time. Don't overload the pan. Cook until white and cooked through. The time will vary on the size of your pieces. Just watch them. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with salad or in wraps.