I was shown a YouTube clip
on this some time ago and thought Id give it a whirl tonight as I have a tonne of garlic about to sprout.
The first attempt was a garlicky, watery mess. Wasn’t pretty at all. Second attempt was perfect.
- Do one or two bulbs at time at most. I was too adventurous with my first attempt and had about 5.
- Place garlic cloves in the bowl and cover completely with water.
- Blitz on reverse, speed 4 at most. Watch it closely. Stop at 5 secs and check it. If not many skins are off blitz again.
- I didn’t want to over blitz so I peeled the last few cloves by hand (took less than two seconds. It’s soft and comes straight off). Your garlic is ready for use.
- You can use the water and skins to help boost your next liquid stock.