These are so quick and easy to make for a last minute BBQ or party snack.
I have used store bought pastry for these but you can certainly use a tmx puff pastry recipe. There is one in your EDC of Basic Cookbook.
Vary the flavours you use in these to suit your tastes. Using leftover dips and a little cheese is a great way to use up leftovers and create a quick snack. Get creative!
Love this recipe? Subscribe to our daily recipe newsletter and never miss a newly posted recipe just as great as this one! Or join up to our monthly one for all the latest TRTLMT news. Subscribe to my newsletter here.
- 6 sheets of puff pastry, you can use the EDC Rough Puff Pastry recipe if you prefer
- 50g tomato paste
- 120g cheddar or colby cheese or similar, cubed
- 4 slices shortcut bacon, chopped roughly
- A few sprigs of parsley, chopped
- A few sprigs of oregano
- 5 basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- ½ capsicum, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place all of the filling ingredients into bowl.
- Blitz on speed 7 for 6-8 seconds until finely chopped. If you do not have a tmx, use a food processor on medium to high speed.
- Spread over 3 sheets of pastry.
- Place a sheet of pastry on top of each one.
- Press down firmly.
- Slice into 8 strips each.
- Carefully pick up strips, twist and place on a lined baking tray.
- If any filling falls out ,simply pick up and sprinkle over twists on the tray.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.