Originally posted to our Facebook page 24th October 2013.
Well here it is!!! My cheats roasted almond chocolate fudge. It is so simple and uses only three ingredients. I’ve been making this since I was in primary school.
This is delicious BUT it’s not healthy and it’s very rich so a small piece is plenty. Using milk chocolate would make it less rich if desired.
I have added roasted almonds to the mix but you can use anything – nuts, peppermint crisp bars crushed, choc chips, essence etc. This recipe is so versatile and makes for a great base recipe.
This makes a great gift boxed up for Christmas, birthdays etc.
- 90g almonds
- 360g condensed milk
- 500g dark or milk choc chips
- Blitz almonds on turbo once. Place onto a baking tray and bake at 180 degrees until lightly roasted.
- Add condensed milk and choc chips to bowl and cook at 50 degrees, speed 2 until just melted and combined. My condensed milk was still warm as I use thermomade condensed milk so this only took me less than a minute. Room temperature condensed milk will take a little longer.
- Pour into a 20cm x 20cm square tray that has been lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle the roasted almonds over the top and push into fudge slightly.
- Place in the refrigerator until set.
- Once set, place the fudge upside down and cut with a warm sharp knife. This ensures the nuts are cut without ruining the finish on the fudge.
- Place fudge nut side up for serving.
- I prefer to serve this fudge at room temperature.