Yesterday morning I launched my newest cookbook – Mixing It Slow. Combining your thermo mixer and slow cooker to create delicious family meals has never been easier. Mixing It Slow contains 50 delicious recipes from pies to pastas, to stews and casseroles and even desserts.
Much to my surprise Mixing It Slow sold out within 4 hours. Today I opened up the second print run preorder (and I have less than 80 copies left! I might need to see if I can add some more on to my order at this rate) so if you want to purchase a copy for yourself be sure to jump on the website tomorrow to secure your copy.
Tonight Im sharing my chilli con carne recipe from the book. This makes for such a great winter meal teamed up with rice, with a Mexican salad, in burritos or over nachos. Its is so very versatile.
- corn chips, to serve
- diced avocado and tomato, to serve
- sour cream, to serve
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1kg beef mince
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 250ml good quality liquid beef stock
- 400g diced tomatoes
- 420g canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed really well
- Add onion, garlic and all spices to bowl. Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Add to a frying pan with the oil. Cook until fragrant, stirring often.
- Add the mince. Cook until mince has browned. Drain excess fat and add to the slow cooker.
- Add the tomato paste, stock, tomatoes and kidney beans to the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Serve with corn chips, diced avocado and tomato. Top with a dollop of sour cream.