A rolled chicken roast is always a regular on our Easter menu every year. Gone are the days of buying an expensive one from the local chicken shop. You can easily make one from scratch in no time at all and very little effort. Despite looking impressive, this is one of the easiest meals you will ever make!
What I love about it is you can change the filling to suit your tastes and what you have in your fridge. It can be as basic or as decadent as you like. Serve with some roast and steamed veggies and fresh crusty bread and your Easter dinner is sorted. Such a simple but impressive meal.
Tell me more about this issue
Get ready to extend your kitchen repertoire with 50 beautiful thermomixer recipes that are perfect for Easter and loveable all year round.
Want to know more about The Easter Issue?
- We will help you create foodie gifts and body gifts for those you love. From decadent Coconut Almond Bounties to Soothing Bath Soak, prepare to be inspired by what we have in store for you.
- Easter Brunch will be taken care of with ideas to suit all styles. From Gluten Free Chocolate Granola to (homemade!) Croissants, your brunch table will have never looked so delicious!
- Let us take you on a culinary trip around the world with some amazing Easter recipes celebrating different traditions across the globe. We think you will particularly love the Cypriot Flaounes and the Italian Style Easter Lamb.
- Enjoy a lovely long (delicious!) lunch with family and friends with the recipes featured in this issue. The Spinach, Pesto and Mozzarella Rolled Roast Chicken is sure to impress.
- We give you the tools to step your seafood skills up a notch. The Grilled Seabass Stuffed with Red Pepper Paste is truly something else.
- Our Chocolate Drinks will keep you going be sure to check out the decadent French Hot Chocolate.
- Junior chefs are going to LOVE the options in our Kids in the Kitchen section this month. From the cutest Easter Bunny Bread Rolls to impressive Homemade Marshmallow Bites, there are awesome ideas inside.
A monthly subscription is only $5.99, or you can choose a 6 month subscription for $29.99. This gives you access to the latest issue, all subscriber-only Private issues and any issues released while your subscription is current. To purchase an individual issue is only $6.99.
Love this recipe? Subscribe to the TRTLMT newsletter and never miss a recipe just as great as this one! Or join up to our monthly one for all the latest TRTLMT news. Subscribe to my newsletter here.
- 1 garlic clove
- 200g roasted capsicum strips
- 150g cashews or macadamia nuts
- 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 12 slices of prosciutto
- 4 large chicken breasts, fat and skin removed and butterflied (approx. 1 kg)
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- 12 thin slices of mozzarella
- Place garlic clove (1), capsicum (200g), nuts (150g), balsamic vinegar (1/2 Tbsp), olive oil (1 Tbsp), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) into bowl.
- Mix Speed 5 / 6 seconds. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Lay out a large sheet of baking paper.
- Lay prosciutto (12 slices) out on the baking paper in layers slightly overlapping for form a large rectangle.
- Place butterflied chicken breast (4 large) on top of the prosciutto layer. You want minimal gaps if possible.
- Spread the roasted capsicum paste over the chicken breasts.
- Top with spinach leaves (60g) and slices of mozzarella (10).
- Carefully roll the chicken up into a log shape.
- Place chicken roll into the deep baking baking dish, seam side down and cover with aluminium foil.
- Cook for 40-50 minutes until cooked through.
- Uncover the chicken and turn the oven up to the highest temp.
- Cook briefly until the prosciutto layer crisps up.
- Remove tray from the oven, place the chicken roll onto a chopping board and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Carefully cut the roll into thick slices using a serrated knife and serve with roast or steamed vegetables of choice.