I love the store bought spinach wraps but they are quite expensive. I did the math on these and it’s approximately $1 for 12 wraps. Bargain!!!
We call these "Shrek" wraps!
- 440g bakers flour
- 170g water
- 50g baby spinach
- 40g olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Blitz the spinach and water first on speed 8 for 45 seconds.
- Place everything into the tmx bowl.
- Blitz on speed 6 just to slightly combine.
- Lock lid and press interval speed for 2 minutes or until a smooth, ball like dough is formed. Add a little extra flour if needed. You want a smooth dough in a slight ball shape (it doesn't have to be a perfect ball. You just don't want a sticky dough).
- Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Remove from bowl. Divide your dough into 8 -10 pieces.
- Using a little flour to dust, roll out your dough into thin circles. My shape is a bit rustic. You want it only a few millimeters in thickness so they cook quickly and evenly.
- I rolled all my 8-10 balls before commencing the cooking process.
- Place a large frying pan on a medium heat. Once warm place a tortilla on it.
- Once they start bubbling it's often a good time to flip.
- You will only need to cook for a minute or so each side but keep an eye on them so they don't burn. You want them to be cooked but still flexible.
- These can be frozen. Just thaw and warm before eating.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer https://trtlmt.com.au/