- 900g of strawberries, stalk removed (about two punnets)
- 1.5 tablespoon vanilla sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 75 degrees. My oven wouldn’t go any lower and this temp worked fine.
- Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- Place strawberries and sugar into bowl.
- Blitz on speed 9 for 25 seconds.
- You can strain the seeds off if you like but I have kept them in.
- Pour mixture over the trays, half on each tray.
- A cake knife/icing knife comes in handy so you can smooth the mixture out so that it is even. If its thicker and thinner in some areas it won’t be a huge problem but best to keep it even if possible.
- Place into the oven.
- If you have done the mixture thin, almost see through it will take about 1.5-2 hours to dehydrate. If its a bit thicker it will take about 2.5 hours. The ones shown took me 2 hours. To give yourself plenty of time allow for 3 hours. Don’t do this when you are rushing out the door.
- You want to keep dehydrating it until it is no longer soft in the middle. Slightly tacky is ok but try to have tackiness to a minimum.
- Remove from oven and sit for 10 minutes. Using kitchen scissors cut into roll ups or strips.
- I leave the paper on for easy storage and this kiddies can easily peel the roll up off.
Please do not copy or share my recipes in full elsewhere. Please share the recipe URL instead. Before commencing any recipe, please be sure to read and adhere to the user guides and safety manuals of your thermo mixer and/or other appliances used. Each appliance differs; therefore, the recipes and methods are to be used as guides only. Exercise caution and common sense in the kitchen at all times.