My 5 month old isn’t all that coordinated holding rusks but give him a ring shape and he is set. These are perfect for him to hold on to and try to munch on.
My rusk recipes:
A great little teething rusk for babies that love to grasp.
- 200g wholemeal self raising flour
- 120g water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place ingredients into bowl.
- Blitz on speed 5 until a pebbly looking dough forms. You don't need it to be a smooth ball like traditional dough. You just want it to hold together when moulded and shaped.
- Divide mix into 6 portions.
- Roll each portion into a ball then a long snake shape. Keep in mind these will rise so the thinner the better.
- Mould the snake like dough into a ring shape. Secure the ends together. Place on tray and repeat for all rings.
- Bake at 150 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour. Just keep an eye on these. You want them rock hard but not burnt.
- Store in a paper bag in the pantry. Placing them in to a container can soften them.
- You can add pureed fruit or vegetables to add some flavour to it. reduce the water accordingly.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer https://trtlmt.com.au/