A very quick one from me today. These are a follow on to my Mini Fruit Balls and Apricot Bites and are a great lunchbox addition or a slightly healthier snack then lollies (although those that know me know nothing beats lollies in my books).
You can vary the fruits that you use in these. All dried fruit differs from brand to brand or store to store. Some are drier than others (and vary in colour). You may find you may just need to tweak the coconut quantity in these to suit your fruit.
If you don’t have a tmx or similar, simply use a food processor to make these Tropical Fruit Balls. You will need a medium to high speed.
- 100g dried pineapple
- 100g dried apple chunks (not rings)
- 50g dried mango, diced
- 50g dried peach, diced
- 80g dessicated coconut
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut for coating, optional
- Place everything into bowl.
- Blitz on speed 7 for 20 seconds. Scrape down sides. Then speed to 10 for 30 seconds.
- Roll into small balls. I got 30 small balls from mine.
- Place balls and coconut into a bowl. Toss until coated.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container.
- Instead of desiccated coconut in the balls you could use ground almonds or seeds.