A beautiful light and fluffy vanilla cupcake for any occasion. The buttercream icing is soft and almost velvet like.
- 200g butter, diced
- 340g sugar, this is what keeps them moist for days. You can reduce to 90g
- 3 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 4 eggs
- 400g self raising flour
- 250ml milk
- 100g butter
- 300g icing sugar
- Water or milk
- Food colour of choice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place patty cases into muffin trays. This will make 18 cupcakes.
- Place butter into bowl. Blitz on speed 7 for 20 secs or until softened.
- Insert whisk attachment and mix on speed 3 for 1 minute.
- Remove whisk attachment. Scrape off any butter back in to the bowl.
- Add sugar and vanilla bean paste. Blitz on speed 7 for 45 seconds.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing for 20 secs between each one on speed 4.
- Add half of the milk and half of the flour. Blitz on speed 4 for 30 secs.
- Add remaining milk and flour. Mix on speed 4 for 1 minute.
- Pour into patty cases. Bake for approximately 20 minutes until golden and cooked though.
- Place butter into bowl. Blitz on speed 6 for 20 secs.
- Insert butterfly attachment.
- Add half of the icing sugar and half of the milk.
- Blitz on speed 4 for 30 secs.
- Add remaining icing sugar, drizzle of milk/water and food dye.
- Blitz on speed 4 for 1 minute.
- If you feel the icing mixture is too stiff add a little more milk until you get your preferred consistency. I find it really varies each time due to weather, humidity etc.
- Pipe onto cupcakes when cooled.