February has been a very busy month! Not only did I release my Ready. Steady. Lunch! Mini Cookbook but the team at The 4 Blades Magazine published The On The Go Issue. The On The Go Issue. A new issue is released tomorrow but it isn’t too late to subscribe now to get The On The Go Issue. Everything from ready to go breakfasts, grand and go snacks, one handed lunches, little lunchboxes to dinners on the go – we have everything covered for a busy lifestyle!
These were one of my favourite recipes I created for the issue. These are always a hit with the kiddies in the lunchbox but also as a quick afternoon tea snack and a quick dinner. You can top these with whatever you like!
Making your own English muffins is always a winner too! You’ll be surprised how easy they are!
Tell me more about this issue
Eating well when you are on the run need not be a struggle, and we will show you how!
Want to know more about The On The Go Issue?
- We will help you stock up on snacks to keep you going on the run. From delicious scones and slice to biscuits, bars and balls, these snacks will keep you satisfied!
- We will help you plan ahead with our Set and Go section. Create these recipes ahead of time, leave to set in the fridge and you will have yummy food up at the ready when you need it. You will find ideas that suit breakfast, lunch and snack time.
- Fill your freezer when you have some time up your sleeve so that you are ready to go, even when you are time poor. We have heaps of yummy options that are perfect for freezing in this issue, including Indian Spiced Meatballs and Cranberry Mandarin Muffins!
- We love helping to get kids in the kitchen and we have some recipes that are easy for them to create, and delicious for them to eat. Do you think they will love Cheese and Bacon Bread Rolls and Wholemeal English Muffin Pizzas? We do!
- If you are running out the door and need something right now, we can help with that too! Fancy a salad or a smoothie? We have these, and more!
- Perhaps you are stuck at your desk, or have a baby on your arms. Our One Handed Lunches section will be perfect for you. Delicious options that allow you to get your sustenance with one hand!
- Like something hot? We have great options that are easily reheated for yummy lunches and dinners on the go.
A monthly subscription is only $5.99, or you can choose a 6 month subscription for $29.99. This gives you access to the latest issue, all subscriber-only Private issues and any issues released while your subscription is current. To purchase an individual issue is only $6.99.
Love this recipe? Subscribe to the TRTLMT newsletter and never miss a recipe just as great as this one! Or join up to our monthly one for all the latest TRTLMT news. Subscribe to my newsletter here.
- pizza sauce
- toppings of choice
- 160g milk
- 25g water
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 360g wholemeal plain flour
- 1 egg
- 30g butter, melted
- a pinch of salt
- 4 Tbsp fine semolina
- Place milk (160g) and water (25g) into bowl. Warm up 3 minutes / 37C / Speed 2.
- Add yeast (2 tsp) and sugar (1/2 tsp) to mixture. Mix on Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Allow to sit and become frothy for 5-10 minutes.
- Add flour (360g), egg (1), butter (30g) and salt (a pinch). Set 4 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Place dough into an oiled bowl, cover and allow to rise for an hour and a half.
- Roll dough out to 1cm high. Be sure your dough isn't too high otherwise your muffins won't cook through.
- Cut circles from the dough with a cookie cutter.
- Dip both sides of each circle in fine semolina.
- Leave for 30 minutes to rise just slightly.
- Place a large nonstick frying pan or oiled griddle pan over medium heat. Be sure not to have your pan too high or your muffins will not cook through and you'll burn your crust.
- Place 4 muffins into a pan and cook 6-8 minutes each side or until cooked through. This may require some experimenting as every pan and stove varies.
- Repeat for remaining dough circles.
- Once cooled, preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Slice muffins in half and place onto the prepared tray.
- Top with pizza sauce and toppings of choice.
- Place into the oven to cook for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble.
- Allow to cool before storing in a lunchbox or container.