More great Varoma recipes! I love that we are still having regular recipes coming through. Please keep them coming until the end of next week. Simply post them on my wall, email me or send me a message via my fb page.
An original recipe by Lisa B
1kg chicken thighs, fat removed
2 onions, cut in half
2 cloves garlic,
1 small chilli, optional
1 small green pepper, roughly chopped
30g Olive Oil
1 tomato, roughly chopped
1 tblspn Tomato paste
1-2 tblspn paprika (depends on taste)
250g chicken stock
120g sour cream or plain yoghurt
Cornflour (for thickening if needed)
400g rice (or less, I do 300g for 4 serves + leftover)
Pour water into TM bowl, insert rice basket and weigh in rice. Put lid on bowl with Varoma on top.
Add veges to lower tray and line top tray with wet baking paper and arrange chicken on paper.
Cook for 20 mins Varoma, Speed 4. When finished remove rice and veges to Thermoservers. Sit Varoma with chicken aside to be cooked for a further 10 minutes after preparing the sauce.
Place garlic, chilli & onion in bowl and chop 5 secs Speed 7.
Add capsicum 3 secs Speed 5.
Add oil, 3 mins Varoma Speed 1.
Add tomato, tomato paste, paprika & chicken stock.
Cook 10 mins Varoma, Speed 2 putting Varoma with chicken back on to cook further.
If you would like your sauce to be thicker add paste of 1 tblspn of cornflour & 1 tblspn water and cook 1 min 100 deg Speed 1.
Add sour cream & blend sauce for 30 seconds Speed 9.
Submitted by Dianne B
Everyday Cookbook, Current version pg 111
Prosciutto wrapped Chicken with Mustard Sauce
An original recipe by Steph S
2 chicken breasts
6 slices proscuitto, Rind removed
2 sprigs rosemary, Stalk removed
1 brown onion, Quartered
2 cloves garlic, Peeled
80 grams Semi-Sundried Tomatoes
2 slices white bread
60 grams Butter
1 teaspoon sugar
125 grams white wine
80 grams chicken stock
100 grams milk
100 grams pouring cream
1 tablespoon agar-agar, Cornflour could be used if you do not have agar-agar
20 grams Dijon mustard
20 grams wholegrain mustard
1 Corn Cob, Cut into wheels
3 medium sized potatoes, Diced into 2cm cubes, skin-on
1 carrot, Cut into 1cm rounds
8 broccoli florets
1 bunch asparagus spears, Woody Ends snapped off
2. Add Chicken Stock, Milk and Cream. Cook 12 mins/80C/Speed 3 with MC off.
3. Add Agar-agar. Blend 30 secs/Speed 5. Cook 5 mins/80C/Speed 3.
4. Pour out of TM Bowl and set adise in fridge.
1. Place Rosemary into TM bowl. Chop 15 secs/Speed 7. Add Onion and Garlic. Chop 7 Secs/Speed 6. Cook 5 mins/100C/Speed 2.
2. Add tomatoes, torn bread slices and butter into TM bowl. Chop 20 sec/Speed 6.
2. Lay out 2 pieces of plastic wrap on the bench. Overlap the wrap by half. Repeat again so you have one for each breast.
3. Place 3 slices of prosciutto on each set of plastic wrap, overlapping each slice.
4. Lay Butterflied chicken breast on prosciutto slices.
5. Place half of the stuffing mixture on each breast, and spread over the breast.
6. Using the plastic wrap to assist you, roll the breast, ensuring you do not wrap the plastic wrap inside the chicken.
7. Wrap each breast in plastic wrap. Ensure it it as tight as possible. Twist each ends to secure, and tie a knot as close to the end of the breast as possible. Cover with another layer of plastic wrap.
8. Place chicken breasts in bottom tray of varoma.
1. Place 1000g Water into the TM bowl.
2. Place the steamer basket into the TM bowl (Containing the hard vegetables).
3. Place varoma on top of TM bowl.
4. Cook 20 mins/Varoma/Speed 4.
5. Add Broccoli and Asparagus in top Varoma tray and cook 15 mins/Varoma/Speed 4. Set aside vegetables and chicken.
6. Discard water out of TM Bowl.
7. Place prepared sauce mix in TM bowl. Add Mustards. Cook 4 Mins/80C/Speed 4.
8. Remove Plastic wrap from chicken, and cut each breast into six medallions.
TRTLMT Teriyaki Chicken Fried Rice