- 150g sugar
- 125g butter, diced
- 2 teas vanilla bean paste (or essence/extract)
- 2 tabs coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 220g self raising flour
- 80g desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Add butter, coconut oil, sugar and vanilla to bowl.
- Blitz on speed 6 for 15 secs. Scrape down.
- Blitz on speed 4 for 1 minute until pale.
- Add egg through the hole.
- Blitz on speed 4 for 1 minute.
- Add flour and coconut.
- Blitz on speed 5 until combined. I find I sometimes have to use the spatula to help this process.
- Roll into balls, place on tray and flatten slightly with fingers. This makes 24 cookies.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until slightly golden
- I find this mixture can sometimes be a little crumbly. If so just add a little more coconut oil and blitz. Or you can mould it in your hand to warm the butter and oil up making it easier to roll.
Please do not copy or share my recipes in full elsewhere. Please share the recipe URL instead. Before commencing any recipe, please be sure to read and adhere to the user guides and safety manuals of your thermo mixer and/or other appliances used. Each appliance differs; therefore, the recipes and methods are to be used as guides only. Exercise caution and common sense in the kitchen at all times.