- 1.5 cups of cooked brown rice (can be cooked in the tmx)
- 5 slices of shortcut bacon, diced
- 2 zucchinis, roughly chopped
- Handful of spinach
- 1/2 yellow capsicum, chopped roughly
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 5 eggs
- 100g milk
- 50g grated cheese (can be more or less)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- I use a silicone flan form to cook the quiche in.
- Place rice into silicone form or dish of choice. Spread out to form a crust.
- Place onion, garlic and vegetables in bowl. Blitz on speed 8 for 10 secs or until desired consistency.
- Add bacon and a drizzle of olive oil to bowl.
- Cook at 100 degrees, 5 minutes, speed one (This step is optional. If in a rush I skip this step).
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix on speed 3 until combined.
- Pour mixture over rice in the prepared dish or form.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until set and a golden brown crust is formed on top.
- Serve with salad and crusty bread.
- Ham can be used instead of bacon for a more cost effective option.
- Leek and/or spring onion can be used in place of onion.
- Corn kernels are a great addition to this. I purée these in the tmx or use as is.
Please do not copy or share my recipes in full elsewhere. Please share the recipe URL instead. Before commencing any recipe, please be sure to read and adhere to the user guides and safety manuals of your thermo mixer and/or other appliances used. Each appliance differs; therefore, the recipes and methods are to be used as guides only. Exercise caution and common sense in the kitchen at all times.