Only this week left to submit your recipes for our varoma cookbook!!!
I do have more recipes to upload but have a tired, miserable bub here tonight so I’ll be back tomorrow with the rest of the brilliant recipes that were meant to be on here tonight.
8 pieces Veal Girello, thinned with a mallet,( I have allowed 2 to make each roll as the slices were small)
8 slices Prosciutto
2 Handfuls Spinach Leaves, Stalks removed
12 sage leaves
4 teaspoons olive oil
4 pinches salt
2 Brown Onions, peeled and halved
2 cloves garlic, peeled
15 grams oil
1 teaspoon porcini powder
120 grams marsala wine
1 teaspoon honey
4 tablespoons milk, (Or cream)
1/2 teaspoon TM vege stock concentrate, (or salt)
700 grams Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
50 grams Salted butter
1 teaspoon salt
2 handful green beans, I used frozen beans
2 Handfuls Broccoli, I used frozen broccoli
2. Add Oil. Saute` 20 mins/Varoma/Spd 2.
3. Set Aside.
2. Place 2 slices of prosciutto on each plastic wrap. Place 2 pieces of Veal on top (one in front of the other, only a slight overlap), followed by a single layer of spinach, and 3 of the sage leaves.
3. Drizzle 1 tsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt on each.
4. Using the Plastic wrap to assist you, roll the veal into tight logs.
5. Push air out from ends, roll, and tie with a knot right at the end of the meat.
6. Put meat into bottom Varoma tray and set aside.
Cooking the Potatoes and the vegetables
2. Place potatoes into steamer basket and place this into the TM bowl.
3. Place Varoma containing meat on top.
4. Cook 18 mins/Varoma/Spd 4.
5. Meanwhile, place the greens into the top Varoma tray and set aside.
6. Once the timer has finished, add the top Varoma tray containing the green vegetables. Cook 8 mins/Varoma/Spd 4.
7. Remove Varoma tray and steaming basket and set aside.
8. Empty water from TM bowl. No need to wash bowl.
2. Put the cooked potatoes into the bowl.
3. Add the Butter and Salt.
4. Mash 25 sec/Spd 4.
5. Scrape out potatoes into a bowl. Quickly wash TM bowl.
6. Set aside for serving.
Making the Sauce
1. Put the previously caramelised onion and garlic into the TM bowl. Add remaining ingredients: Porcini Powder, Masala Wine, Honey, Milk & TM Vege Stock Concentrate.
2. Blend 3 sec/Speed 6. Cook 5 Mins/80C/Spd 2.
4 pieces Salmon Fillet (I used Skin Off)
4 portions green beans, I used frozen Beans
8 pieces Broccoli
2 Carrots, peeled thinly using a vegetable peeler
1 Zucchini (around 400g), Quartered
1 handful fresh mint leaves
25 grams lemon juice
40 grams olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 Large Red Chili (Frozen if possible), -Optional
Salmon & Vegetables
2. Place Beans, Broccoli and Carrot into bottom tray of Varoma.
3. Place Salmon slices on top tray of Varoma.
4. Put Varoma on top of TM bowl.
5. Cook 20 mins/Varoma/Spd 4.
7. Serve salad on top of salmon. Grate chili on top of zucchini.
“Sunday morning breakfast for one”
An original recipe by Steph S (the cooking superstar in my books!!!)
Heat 700g water in TM bowl 5 mins/Varoma/spd 1.
Meanwhile in a small bowl, crack 2 eggs, season with salt and pepper and mix with a fork.
Add 1/3 – 1/2 salmon fillet, cut into 1″ cubes. Surround with slices of zucchini cut into 2-3mm thickness.
Place bowl into bottom tray of Varoma.
Cook 18 mins/Varoma/spd 4. *careful bowl will be hot!!
Serve with 1tbs chopped herbs- I used basil and coriander. Parsley would be nice also.
I also add a couple of tbs of Mild Mexican salsa.
Suggested by Jo
Recipe can be found here on the Recipe Community