Pikelets are something I make often for afternoon tea and especially for the lunchbox.
I freeze two together and in the morning of school I pull them out and pop into the lunchbox. They defrost in time for morning tea.
These are yummy on their own but even nicer with some whipped cream, strawberries and sliced banana. A drizzle of melted white chocolate wouldn’t go astray either! Too naughty?
This makes approximately 18-20 small child size pikelets.
Some pancake/pikelet inspiration:
- Banana Honey Pikelets
- Cinnamon Oat Pancakes
- Cinnamon Scroll Pancakes
- Nutella Pancakes
- Oven Pancake Bites with Honey and Cinnamon
- Pancake Dippers
Banana Honey Pikelets
- 1 ripe banana
- 30g honey, or to taste
- 1 egg
- 150g milk
- 150g self raising flour
- 1 teas baking powder
- 2 teas vanilla bean paste/extract/essence
- 30g butter
- Place butter into tmx bowl.
- Melt at 50 degrees, speed 2 for 2 minutes or until melted.
- Add bananas.
- Blitz on speed 4 until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Blitz on speed 4 for 30 secs.
- Spoon mixture into a frying pan, lightly buttered over a low to medium heat. Cook until bubbles appear and then flip over. Cook for 20-30 seconds. I cook 4 at a time.
- Serve warm or freeze for later.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/