Originally posted to our Facebook page 14th December, 2013.
Tonight was a “use the odds and ends from the fridge” dinner. Thankfully it turned out to be a winner! Will cook this again.
Chicken, Snow Pea and Broccoli Pasta
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 10g olive oil
- 200mls thickened cream
- 200g sun dried tomato tepenade
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock concentrate, or to taste
- 20 snow peas, can chop in half if big (use as many as you like though)
- 10 small florets of broccoli
- 400g pasta
- Cook pasta as per directions. Alternatively, cook the sauce component and place into an insulated server to stay warm and then cook pasta in the bowl. I just cook my pasta on the stove whilst the sauce is cooking away.
- Place onion and garlic into bowl. Blitz on speed 9 for 6 secs.
- Add whisk attachment.
- Add chicken and oil to the bowl.
- Cook at 100 degrees, reverse, soft speed for 5 minutes.
- Scrape any chicken off the butterfly. Keep butterfly in place.
- Add stock, cream, tepenade and pepper to taste.
- Cook at 100 degrees, reverse, soft speed for 15 minutes.
- Add broccoli and snow peas. Cook for a further 5 mins.
- * I like a slight crunch to my snow peas. If you don't add the with about 7 mins to go.
- Serve over pasta.
- You may know your whisk attachment as the "butterfly attachment".
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/