If I could eat cheesecake for breakfast I would. I LOVE cheesecake. The “no bake” cheesecakes are so quick and simple. I usually just stick to my kitchenaid mixer for things like this but I thought I’d live a little and try the tmx. I’m such a rebel!!!
It turned out great! Very smooth and creamy with no lumps of cream cheese that didn’t mix properly. It was much quicker than my stand mixer too which is another plus!
When using cream cheese without gelatine for cheesecake be sure to buy the full fat version and the non spreadable version otherwise your cheesecake may not set. I find the Philadelphia blocks or Homebrand tubs work best for these no bake cheesecakes.
My other cheesecakes:
- Choc Honeycomb Cheesecake
- Choc Peppermint Cheesecake
- Cookies & Cream Cheesecake
- Double Chocolate Cheesecake
- Jelly Cheesecake
- Mars Bar Cheesecake
- Toblerone Cheesecake
- 250g scotch finger biscuits
- 90g cold butter, cubed
- 500g cream cheese blocks, softened
- 40g thickened cream
- 100g sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 120g choc honeycomb of choice (more or less depending on your taste)
- Place honeycomb into bowl. Turbo two times. Set aside.
- Into bowl add roughly broken up scotch fingers. Blitz on speed 9 until fine. Approximately 10 secs. They can be coarser if desired.
- Add cold butter. Blitz on speed 8 for 30-45 secs until a soft dough forms.
- Press this into a springform tin. I line my tin with baking paper for easy removal. Set aside.
- Wash the bowl out. This isn't essential however. You can just make the filling straight in with the biscuit crumb traces.
- Add cream cheese. Turbo 5 times. Then blitz on speed 9 for 45 secs.
- Add sugar and vanilla. Blitz on speed 9 for 45 secs.
- Add cream and blitz on speed 9 for 1 minute or until creamy and smooth.
- Remove from base.
- Stir in 70g of the crushed honeycomb that has been set aside. I do this by hand so I can see if I need more or less. You could do it on speed 4 for 5-10 secs though if desired.
- Poor mix over the base and place into refrigerator to set. Approximately 4-6 hours for best results.
- Before serving sprinkle remaining choc honeycomb over the top. If you do it and place into the fridge the honeycomb will turn syrupy (like in my picture) which is nice in itself but doesn't look as effective.
- I find Violet Crumbles work better for this recipe then Crunchies or other brands.
- When using cream cheese without gelatine for cheesecake be sure to buy the full fat version and the non spreadable version otherwise your cheesecake may not set. I find the Philadelphia blocks or Homebrand tubs work best for these no bake cheesecakes.